Over 35 years ago, Gryphon was incorporated by a team of investment managers whose vision was to offer independent, objective, and tailored investment management services. Founded as a private partnership, Gryphon remains 88% owned by its operating partners and active employees.
On behalf of its clients, Gryphon invests in foreign equities through its sub-advisor and associate company, Gryphon International Investment Corporation, in which it owns a 30% interest. Since 1995, this group has been responsible for all foreign equity management.
Gryphon is a member of the Portfolio Management Association of Canada (“PMAC”). Their mission is to advocate the highest standards of unbiased portfolio management in the interest of investors served by Members, as well as to increase public awareness of investment counseling and its benefits.
The Gryphon Advantage:
1. Active investment management: through asset allocation and individual security selection with a thorough understanding of the companies we invest in.
2. Consistent philosophy and process: produces reliable investment returns.
3. Experienced team: highly experienced, collaborative investment managers work together on each account.
4. Total client focus: All investment managers and key staff are owners of the company. As shareholders, our interests are aligned with our clients. Simply put, we succeed when our clients do.
5. Stable, independent management: privately owned, offering investment advice free of bias or influence.